The second gua in the Bagua is representative of an area that I find most people want … relationships. This is an area I hadn’t mastered until late in my own life. Now that I have been able to find success myself, I can share what worked for me!
The element of this second gua is earth. Before we dive into using earth in the relationship area of our spaces, let us take a look at the element of earth, what it means, and how it grounds us in our life.
The second gua is one of three with the earth element in the Bagua map, and now I can say it is one of my favorites to work with!! Earth can be sturdy and strong like a solid rock structure, beautiful and expressive like a pretty shining crystal, or soft and yet grounding as warm sand under your feet. If your 9 star ki astrological sign is earth, you might be caring, compassionate, nurturing, and your patience is probably better than most. Be careful of working too hard, and being too cautious. Remember that taking risk is living a full life! You seek the love and stability of a family life but can also grow bored easily, so bring adventure and life into your partnerships. You are loyal, a great team player, and affectionate, and someone who will inspire you to push through your boundaries will suit you well.
(Do you want to find out if you are an earth element? Use a 9 star ki calculator. There are many online you can search for).
You might be wondering where in your home or office the relationship area is. In BTB Feng Shui, the Bagua Map is used to determine this. If you were to stretch a “tic-tac-toe” grid over your space from the front door, the love, marriage, and relationship gua is the top right area of your space. If you are looking for a partner, ready to enhance your marriage, or even build better business relationships, the following are some ideas of what you can use to enhance this area in your space to transform the relationship energy in your life.
- Color wise, the earth element in this area can be nourished with pink, red, yellow, and skin tones.
- Clay is of the earth element. Therefore, clay pieces such as sculptures, vases, bowls and dishes will enhance this area. If you do use vases designed for flowers, use them for their designated purpose, and keep the water CLEAN in the vases so the energy in your life is clean and clear as well. The fire element nourishes this area, so flowers in a clay vase is a lovely enhancement!
- Crystals are probably my favorite way to bring in more of the earth element, and a wonderful symbolic piece of décor of intention. Red, pink, or yellow crystals will live beautifully in this section. Crystals will bring lucky energy to the relationship area. If you have a window here, place one in front allowing the crystal to capture the light of the sun, and disperse it’s energy in every direction.
- Make sure the relationship area of your home, office, or other space is well lit, comfortable, cozy, and safe. If there is a door here, keep it locked, or windows, keep them closed at night.
- Squares are the shape of earth and work excellent here. You can use square picture frames, square candles, or perhaps a square piece of artwork that promotes love as the one below. This is an art piece that I created to welcome the love in my life. My partner has two children, so each square is representative of each one of us coming together to create and complete one beautiful piece. I also did this with so much love in my heart to support my family relationships.*
(*Side Note: This particular picture is to fulfill my “First Sight” rule in my home, which falls in the career gua. This is important to note as if used for a relationship enhancement, you might want to choose colors such as mauves, pinks, or skin tones).
- Other artwork that is placed in this area should promote all things you want to manifest in relationships. If you have a current partner, placing a happy and joyful photograph of the two of you together is supportive here.
- The direction of the earth element is north. Do something specific to the north area of this gua that is reflective of your intention with relationship. For example, I have a client that wanted to bring in love. On a square notepad, she wrote intentions of the characteristics of the man she wanted in a partner, as well as the qualities she saw her self bringing to that partnership. She placed it behind a picture in the north area of this gua. After she brought that relationship in, she gave gratitude by writing a thank you letter to the universe, and replaced that list with the gratitude letter!
- There is not a specified season of earth. Transitional periods are of the earth element. Therefore this is a good place to keep a seasonal calendar, or decorate according to what season is upon you!
- The number of the relationship area is 2. Use paired objects to promote coupled energy; two red square candles or my favorite is two small pink rose quartz, heart shaped crystals as pictured below.
Now that you know how to enhance this area, I want to advise of some things to avoid. While this is the earth gua, it is still important to keep the area in balance of all 5 elements. Having said that however, in the cycle of the 5 elements, wood and metal exhaust earth. Given these relationships, it works well to remove large wood elements in this area. Do not keep metal elements in this area either. To better understand what this means and how to apply it, read about the 5 Element Theory.
Set intention with joy, radiate love, and be grounded in the relationship energy you bring to your life.